You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recording audio and video with Iphone X

Hello guys,

I would like to record audio and video with Iphone X, but when I go to connect the wire to my iphone,

I'm able to record only the video and not the audio.

I told was the mic-button must be turn on, but also if I turn on Im not able to record the audio associated with the video.

I connect my i phone to a mixer audio on out-put channel, I can record the video but no audio.

Some one know how to resolve this issue ??

Thank you in advance for your help.

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 6:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 7:01 AM

If you're talking about "screen recording", that is due to the fact that you can record audio from microphone only (copyright).

The only solution is to use a post-production app from the app store, that can add audio to your video.

Regards

Giulio

3 replies

Oct 2, 2019 8:51 AM in response to daniele62

Hi Daniele,

I use iMovie, it's a free Apple app on AppStore, that has many intersting features (more than I need). It has a good manual and you can find it here (ad section "User Guides", obviously for iPhone):--> https://support.apple.com/imovie

Regards

Giulio

P.S. Se sei italiano, vedi il manuale da qui:--> iMovie – Supporto Apple ufficiale

Recording audio and video with Iphone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.