You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not recognizing any iphone or ipad on multiple computers. After High Sierra/ iOS 13.1 updates

Well, that's about it. I updated my Mac Pro 2010 and my 2013 Macbook Pro to High Sierra, (can't go further on the Mac Pro) and then updated the ipad and iphone 7 to iOS 13.1

Now no computer sees any device in iTunes, though they show up in Photos.

I've gone through this: https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT204095

No help. The devices do show up as USB attached.

It happened overnight, they worked the first day and then stopped. I manually manage music (thank you very much) and videos so now I can't update my devices with any new content.

Did I mention how much I hate iTunes as an app? So messed up.

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 2:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 10:21 AM

In Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text, paste it into the dialog box and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

tt2

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 27, 2019 10:21 AM in response to jesegel

In Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text, paste it into the dialog box and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

tt2

Sep 27, 2019 2:11 AM in response to jesegel

I should mention that the only reason I updated the systems was that Apple Music stopped working and would only spin when you went to the browse tab or radio. On both computers. I tried the trick of downgrading iTunes to 12.4.3, Apple music worked again, but it wouldn't work with an iPhone 7!

Agh. I had a stable audio system, I'm an audio engineer, these are professional studio computers.

iTunes not recognizing any iphone or ipad on multiple computers. After High Sierra/ iOS 13.1 updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.