You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot update to watchOS 6 because my iPhone is a model 6 plus and cannot be updated to IOS 13. Is there any other way to update my iWatch?

I cannot update to watchOS 6 because my iPhone is a model 6 plus and cannot be updated to IOS 13. Is there any other way to update my iWatch?

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 11:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 3:49 PM

There are people which have posted in these forums where they managed to get watchOS 6 on their Apple Watch, and then could no longer use it because it would not re-pair to their iPhone 6 (or 6 Plus). Strongly suggest you learn from their mistakes.

A used iPhone 6s Plus would be the least expensive way to move forward. Or just wait until you decide it is time to replace your iPhone 6 Plus with a new model of any kind.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2019 3:49 PM in response to Irishiii

There are people which have posted in these forums where they managed to get watchOS 6 on their Apple Watch, and then could no longer use it because it would not re-pair to their iPhone 6 (or 6 Plus). Strongly suggest you learn from their mistakes.

A used iPhone 6s Plus would be the least expensive way to move forward. Or just wait until you decide it is time to replace your iPhone 6 Plus with a new model of any kind.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.