You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand automatically adding notes in Piano Roll. How to turn off?

Whenever I create a drum note in Piano Roll, it automatically duplicates that same note throughout the rest of the measures in that region. This is annoying. How do I turn this off? (The notes I actually create are fully colored. The notes that are automatically added are faded.)

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 8:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 9:05 AM

Qoheleth1213 wrote:

Whenever I create a drum note in Piano Roll, it automatically duplicates that same note throughout the rest of the measures in that region.

you've looped the region (dragged the topRight corner), this tells GB to repeat everything in the first 'unlooped' part of the region throughout the looped region

either "split" the region off from the rest of the looped parts (⌘-t), or copy the original region and paste it next to the first one and loop this second region, you can then freely edit the first one

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2019 9:05 AM in response to Qoheleth1213

Qoheleth1213 wrote:

Whenever I create a drum note in Piano Roll, it automatically duplicates that same note throughout the rest of the measures in that region.

you've looped the region (dragged the topRight corner), this tells GB to repeat everything in the first 'unlooped' part of the region throughout the looped region

either "split" the region off from the rest of the looped parts (⌘-t), or copy the original region and paste it next to the first one and loop this second region, you can then freely edit the first one

GarageBand automatically adding notes in Piano Roll. How to turn off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.