You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot add Mp3 to playlist

I have some Mp3 files in two different folders (they are two different albums). Both ripped in the exact same format (MP3 - MPEG Level 3 Audio) and both at the same bit rite (160 kbps). But in ITunes I cannot add both to a playlist - ITunes will only accept one or the other. If I add one set of MP3s to the playlist, ITunes won't let me add the other, and vice versa. When I attempt to drag and drop, when I try to drop into the ITunes playlist, ITunes puts a little circle/slash icon by the files and won't add them.

Again both file are of the same exact format and bit rate. Why would ITunes do this? (I am using ITunes 12.9.6.3 on Windows 10/64 bit)

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 5:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 3:19 AM

Does the failing song actually play in your iTunes? If it does, check the file-path for that song. Does it appear to be correct?

You can compare it with the other song:

• select (highlight) the song
  • right-click/Song Info - or Edit/Song Info - or CTRL+I to bring up the information panel for that song
  • tap on the File tab on this information panel (not on File at the top of the iTunes window)
  • check location (which is the file path)

and closer up:

The file path is the folder where the song's file is located. Although I've specifically indicated the artist's name and the album, both form part of the file-path.

Are there any inconsistencies?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 26, 2019 3:19 AM in response to ry1633

Does the failing song actually play in your iTunes? If it does, check the file-path for that song. Does it appear to be correct?

You can compare it with the other song:

• select (highlight) the song
  • right-click/Song Info - or Edit/Song Info - or CTRL+I to bring up the information panel for that song
  • tap on the File tab on this information panel (not on File at the top of the iTunes window)
  • check location (which is the file path)

and closer up:

The file path is the folder where the song's file is located. Although I've specifically indicated the artist's name and the album, both form part of the file-path.

Are there any inconsistencies?

cannot add Mp3 to playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.