You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch

I’m planning on buying an Apple Watch on my trip when I go to an international place. Once I’m back home will it work like I’m in my home country?

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 9:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 9:43 AM

A GPS version works anywhere your iPhone works. But you may have warranty problems, as that will be tied to the country of purchase.

A Cellular model presents other issues, as the Apple Watch has regional cellular radios which use different cellular frequencies. You would need to make sure the model you get works with a carrier that supports the Apple Watch in your country.

Cellular Carriers that support the Apple Watch, which models, and the radio frequencies each model uses:

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular

NOTE: A GPS only model will do EVERYTHING a cellular model will do as long as your iphone is nearby

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 17, 2019 9:43 AM in response to mansav

A GPS version works anywhere your iPhone works. But you may have warranty problems, as that will be tied to the country of purchase.

A Cellular model presents other issues, as the Apple Watch has regional cellular radios which use different cellular frequencies. You would need to make sure the model you get works with a carrier that supports the Apple Watch in your country.

Cellular Carriers that support the Apple Watch, which models, and the radio frequencies each model uses:

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular

NOTE: A GPS only model will do EVERYTHING a cellular model will do as long as your iphone is nearby

Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.