You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 5

if I buy an Apple Watch while in Spain ( where I am working) - will it still work when I visit home in Australia or South Africa?

Posted on May 24, 2020 6:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2020 7:15 AM

If it's a GPS only version of the watch then yes it will work in those countries.

If it's a cellular version you would have to contact the network providers in those countries to see if they support the apple watch.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 24, 2020 7:15 AM in response to tyra249

If it's a GPS only version of the watch then yes it will work in those countries.

If it's a cellular version you would have to contact the network providers in those countries to see if they support the apple watch.

May 24, 2020 8:24 AM in response to tyra249

Yes just remember that whatever network provider you choose it must be the same one for both phone and watch.Also a network carrier you choose say in Australia may not work in South Africa,each country has different and usually incompatible network providers.

I would suggest to you to buy the GPS only version of the watch,this will work in all countries,the only proviso is that you have to have your phone with you to make calls and send texts.

May 24, 2020 1:14 PM in response to tyra249

You have to contract with each carrier to add the Apple Watch to your iPhone plan. Seems like a lot of work for a visit, unless you visit for a few months at a time.

I think it would just be easier when you are visiting outside of Spain, that you just treat your Apple Watch as a GPS only model, and it will do everything the cellular model will do as long as you are near your iPhone. I suspect you will survive for a visit keeping your iPhone nearby.

Apple Watch Series 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.