You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I buy a Apple Watch in Canada will it work in the UK?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 2:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 4:35 PM

Cellular Carriers that support the Apple Watch

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular

This lists the specific Cellular Apple Watch models supported by each carrier, along with the radio frequencies those Apple Watches will work with.

As mentioned, if you get a GPS model, it depends on your iPhone radios and will work anywhere your iPhone works.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 12, 2019 4:35 PM in response to stubbytaylo

Cellular Carriers that support the Apple Watch

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular

This lists the specific Cellular Apple Watch models supported by each carrier, along with the radio frequencies those Apple Watches will work with.

As mentioned, if you get a GPS model, it depends on your iPhone radios and will work anywhere your iPhone works.

Aug 12, 2019 3:42 PM in response to stubbytaylo

Cellular roaming isn't supported outside your carrier network coverage area. To cover the LTE and UMTS bands used around the world, Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS + Cellular) and Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) come in three regional models: Americas, China mainland, and Europe/Asia Pacific.

The watch part will work, of course, when connected to an iPhone, but the LTE bands used in the cellular Apple Watch 3 areCanadian specific. You will need a UK version - currently exclusive to EE - to use mobile broadband connectivity in the UK.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.