You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resetting watch without old Apple ID

Hi,

So a little background:

In 2017, my father was gifted an Apple Watch series-3 by his company for Employee of the year. Unfortunately, we didn't use Apple products at the time. Only my sister-- who was in a university in my home country-- had an iphone 5s. When she came for vacation, we paired the watch with the iphone, compared the desgin and stuff with our Galaxy watch and then turned it off and re-packed it. Soon after, my sister bought S7 edge and passed the iphone 5s to me and I factory reset it. Created my own Apple ID.

Its July,2019. We almost completely forgot that we had paired it. My father gifted it to his brother-in-law last week. Turns out that we need old apple ID to pair it (duh). But we have completely forgotten both the apple ID and the password. We've since been trying our absolute best to try and remember atleast the ID but to no avail.

Any way to get it to work?

Apple Watch

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 4:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 6:40 AM

There is no way to bypass the activation lock. You can go to this link and answer the security questions - If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Resetting watch without old Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.