You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black screen MacBook Pro

I have a MacBook Pro and the screen went black and now I can’t turn it on. I tried the suggested

shift+control+option+power

suggested online. But it didn’t work. The only thing illuminated is the esc on the touch bar in the upper left corner. Im wondering if it might be the screen but I hooked it up to my flatscreen using an HDMI cable and it seems like it connects but the screen is black. Any idea what happened or other suggestions?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.12

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 6:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 7:13 PM

The sequence you are quoting is for an older MacBook Pro. Use this article, and follow the instructions (especially which side of the keyboard) religiously, because the keys on the other side are not "wired in" and won't do the job.

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 20, 2019 7:13 PM in response to MacTheFish

The sequence you are quoting is for an older MacBook Pro. Use this article, and follow the instructions (especially which side of the keyboard) religiously, because the keys on the other side are not "wired in" and won't do the job.

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

Black screen MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.