You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the transitions in a trailer

I cannot convert my movie to project as it doesn't allow me (greyed out)? I want to change the style of transitions as it is cutting my pictures off. I also want a bit more time in some clips and less in others but I cannot edit at all? Is this because it is a trailer?

I am using the newest iPad but decided to move to an MacPro computer but neither work. Help?

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 9:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 9:48 AM

The durations and transitions can't be edited in the Trailer templates. You must do a File/Convert Trailer to Movie. Then you can do your edits in the movie.

If the Convert Trailer to Movie option is grayed out, try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your trailer project. Now see if the Convert Trailer to Movie option is no longer grayed out.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 8, 2019 9:48 AM in response to cindyfromsarnia

The durations and transitions can't be edited in the Trailer templates. You must do a File/Convert Trailer to Movie. Then you can do your edits in the movie.

If the Convert Trailer to Movie option is grayed out, try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your trailer project. Now see if the Convert Trailer to Movie option is no longer grayed out.

-- Rich

How do I change the transitions in a trailer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.