You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Allocate a different Apple ID to ONLY the Health App?

In response to an earlier thread - my partner and I share an Apple ID for joint email, contacts, photos, music etc. and have done so for decades since the .me/pre-Family account days. We do also have seperate Apple IDs for our own personal and work stuff.

We want to use the Health app on each of our iPhones (and maybe other devices) and link it with hardware health monitors etc.

There appears to be no way to keep our data separate in the Health app using the shared Apple ID account (which was the subject of the first thread I read). More importantly, we cannot allocate our personal Apple ID to the Health app without signing the phone into one of our personal Apple IDs - and in this case - we and losing access to our shared (and most used information).

Any thoughts on how to resolve this successfully.

Posted on Jun 29, 2019 7:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2019 8:57 AM

As you say, you can't.

The Health app is accessed by the Apple ID signed in to iCloud on a device. iCloud is not a single Apple service, but a suite of services, all of which are designed to be personal, aka for usage by one user.

So you really don't "sign in" to the Health app. It is available as service within the iCloud settings.

You could isolate one device and sign in to iCloud on it but disable every service other than Health.

Feedback for Apple goes here >>> http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 29, 2019 8:57 AM in response to RobertChapman

As you say, you can't.

The Health app is accessed by the Apple ID signed in to iCloud on a device. iCloud is not a single Apple service, but a suite of services, all of which are designed to be personal, aka for usage by one user.

So you really don't "sign in" to the Health app. It is available as service within the iCloud settings.

You could isolate one device and sign in to iCloud on it but disable every service other than Health.

Feedback for Apple goes here >>> http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Jul 10, 2019 7:26 AM in response to LACAllen

Mmm... it is odd to me that the use of Apple ID is so inflexible and user-unfrlendly when it suits Apple. I cannot see what purpose it serves. Just because something is personal, it does not mean you should be banned from sharing it with your nearest and dearest. We have joint bank accounts and other memberships that I would still regard as "personal".

The Apple ID is used for other services such as mail, music and others that are "sign-in"-able, which are is clearly is a choice Apple has made. I can sign in on one Apple ID and still add an additional mail account for another Apple ID. You should be able to sign in to any of the "suite of apps" with whatever ID you wish - surely!

All our 30+ years as a couple together has resulted in information that shared in one Apple ID (contacts, mail etc). and so we can access the same things across all our devices. There are no security benefits that I can see of not being able to use different IDs on one machine (phone, shared iPad, shared Macbook, shared iMac).

Ironically, I forgot that I also an earlier issue when I tried to get the Message app to work from a different Apple ID than our shared one. Same problem and same irritation.

If we sign in to another AppleID our phones to use the Health App individually, we will lose access to all our other services.

I think this is ludicrous. I will have to look for non-Apple solutions, I think. Our iPhone6's and our iPad stop updating with the iOS13 update, so it maybe time to rebuild our family datalife on Android?

Allocate a different Apple ID to ONLY the Health App?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.