You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX Incorrect Date & Time {while connected to the internet}

When a Mac is hooked up to the internet why would it lose track of the time. I noticed it was off by a few hours but was set to the right time zone and knew my exact location in system preferences/date&time. I watched it for a few days to see if it would just snap back with its connection to the internet, letting the computer know that it may have a mind of its own but it is not the time keeper... Never happened on its own. I had to unlock system preferences/date&time to edit and it snapped back. No edit needed, it did it on its own as I expected it to earlier. What creates this disconnect? How can it be avoided?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 22, 2019 1:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2019 7:04 PM

Is the checkbox checked to sync to a network time server? I've found that sometimes you need to uncheck & recheck this setting. I find this is necessary after resetting the PRAM as it takes a while before macOS resyncs the date & time.

1 reply

OSX Incorrect Date & Time {while connected to the internet}

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.