You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud backup not accessible

I had a REALLY old iphone 3gs that swore it uploaded all my photos to icloud. and, based on the fact that I supposedly have about 2.3 GB of backed up files, I think that's true.

I just can't look at them. Every time I try on itunes, icloud for windows, and icloud.com I am met with either NOTHING, a message that says "icloud can't load",or an empty promise of all my photos and data being stored somewhere.

I get that it's an ancient iphone, but i was doing all i could to make sure if it broke i would have everything backed up.

well, here we are. and I can't access any of it.

Actually, I got one single folder back. so I know it exists, but something is just not running right.

Someone help?

Posted on May 22, 2019 7:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 22, 2019 11:07 PM

A 3gs is only capable of iOS 6.x and iCloud Photos requires iOS 8.3, so I can't see how you could use a 3gs to sync photos to iCloud Photo Library.

Photo Stream needs only iOS 5.x, so that may be what your phone did. Photo Stream only retains your photos for 30 days or 1000 photos, whichever comes first.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 22, 2019 11:07 PM in response to madindigo

A 3gs is only capable of iOS 6.x and iCloud Photos requires iOS 8.3, so I can't see how you could use a 3gs to sync photos to iCloud Photo Library.

Photo Stream needs only iOS 5.x, so that may be what your phone did. Photo Stream only retains your photos for 30 days or 1000 photos, whichever comes first.

iCloud backup not accessible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.