You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot backup my photos and videos to iCloud what is wrong?

I have followed the instructions from many sources (including those on the apple.com website support page) on how to backup my iPhone to iCloud yet me photos and videos do not get backed up. I don't know how to get this done.

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 1:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 1:24 PM

Are you aware of the difference between iCloud Photos and iCloud Backup?

iCloud Photos sync automatically with iCloud and you can view the photos at iCloud.com. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

iCloud Backup happens when you choose the Backup Now option or periodically when charging if you have that option turned on. It will include photos if you do not have iCloud Photos turned on. You cannot view the contents of an iCloud Backup; you can only use it to do a full restore of a device or to set up a new device. See: What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 21, 2022 1:24 PM in response to jackstrat69

Are you aware of the difference between iCloud Photos and iCloud Backup?

iCloud Photos sync automatically with iCloud and you can view the photos at iCloud.com. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

iCloud Backup happens when you choose the Backup Now option or periodically when charging if you have that option turned on. It will include photos if you do not have iCloud Photos turned on. You cannot view the contents of an iCloud Backup; you can only use it to do a full restore of a device or to set up a new device. See: What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

I cannot backup my photos and videos to iCloud what is wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.