You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Fake announcement

I was searching for a new apple watch then I found a official website introducing Apple Watch SE 2024, I bought one then when I tried to look for it in the officiel Website of apple it turn out I was scammed it's only Apple watch SE 2nd (2022) model, how can put a lowsuit on this platform and is Appel ok with this kind of Marketing!!??

Posted on Oct 9, 2024 3:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2024 4:11 PM

… then I found a official website …

Seems very unofficial to me. Was this a reseller? How did you find it? In what country do they operate?

Don’t trust Google (or any search engine) as a source for what is official or not. Sites pay to be listed there, near the top. SEO is big business.

… Apple Watch SE 2024 … Apple watch SE 2nd (2022)

All true models are listed here: Identify your Apple Watch - Apple Support

How can put a lawsuit on this platform and is Appel ok with this kind of Marketing!!??

There are more liars and scammers than lawyers can track. If one gets taken down, another new one may pop up.

Buyer beware. Do your homework/​research. If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 9, 2024 4:11 PM in response to X_H77

… then I found a official website …

Seems very unofficial to me. Was this a reseller? How did you find it? In what country do they operate?

Don’t trust Google (or any search engine) as a source for what is official or not. Sites pay to be listed there, near the top. SEO is big business.

… Apple Watch SE 2024 … Apple watch SE 2nd (2022)

All true models are listed here: Identify your Apple Watch - Apple Support

How can put a lawsuit on this platform and is Appel ok with this kind of Marketing!!??

There are more liars and scammers than lawyers can track. If one gets taken down, another new one may pop up.

Buyer beware. Do your homework/​research. If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

Oct 9, 2024 4:05 PM in response to X_H77

No, Apple is not "OK" with it, but unless it was an authorized Apple reseller there's little or nothing they can do about it. They have no control over an independent business nor what or how that business advertises. If you've been scammed by any business, report it to your local law enforcement or the trade commission, if your country has one. As to a lawsuit, you can consult a lawyer, but you'll probably find that any lawyer would cost you far more than the cost of that Apple Watch.

Regards.

Fake announcement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.