You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Obstacle to verifying phone number for new Apple Business account

I am trying to set up an account for Apple Business Manager for use in managing Apples devices in MS Intune. I give the requested information, but each time experience failure at the point of getting a text message with code to be entered to verify the phone number. When the “enter the code” screen appears, there’s a message in red, reading, “Verification codes can’t be sent to this phone number at this time. Please try again later.”

I waited a couple minutes, tried again. Same result. Went back to previous page, put in different phone #. Same result. Am frustrated at this seemingly inappropriate, unnecessary obstacle to completing a mandatory task. Anyone know the fix?

iPad Pro (6th generation)

Posted on Oct 5, 2024 12:47 PM

6 replies

Oct 6, 2024 9:30 PM in response to Perry Clark

I'm having the same issue. Got kicked out of my google workspace (I am the admin), and I'm being told that the easiest way to configure the required google configuration policy type items that are needed, is by managing this in an Apple Business Account.... I go to setup an apple business account, and can't do nothing - they won't send me a code to any phone number I put.... very nice. Can apple and google please get their **** together?

Oct 7, 2024 8:46 AM in response to Perry Clark

I encountered this issue. After quite a bit of time working with Apple Support, it turned out that my phone number was active on too many Apple IDs. We dug into it, and every previous business Apple ID I had ever used at previous orgs (all of which were deactivated) were still showing active, but when they went into the ID, it was not only inactive, but deleted. I filed a bug report.

My work around was setting up a Google Voice number and using that.

Obstacle to verifying phone number for new Apple Business account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.