You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

why can't i alphabetize (sort) a pages document or a numbers document

re: MAC OS Big Sur 11.7.10

I have a list of titles in a Pages Document that I need to sort in Alpha order. I put into TABLE format still no luck

I tried sorting the same in Numbers Document

NOTHING WORKS

I even installed from "word service" from the App Store and followed directions

Nothing works.

I tried the Alphabetize or sort table data in Pages on Mac - Apple Support

does not work.

Why can't i SIMPLY alphabetize a list?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Oct 4, 2024 11:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2024 11:31 AM

After you install WordService from the Mac App Store, you have to manually enable its service: Sort Lines Ascending in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Services > Text > WordService: Sort Lines Ascending. It is not enabled by default after the installation.

In Pages, your list of titles must be in the body text of the document, one item per line, and with an additional return after the last item. You select that list of titles, right-click on it, and choose Services > WordService: Sort Lines Ascending. It should instantly sort in place.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 4, 2024 11:31 AM in response to mailei2002

After you install WordService from the Mac App Store, you have to manually enable its service: Sort Lines Ascending in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Services > Text > WordService: Sort Lines Ascending. It is not enabled by default after the installation.

In Pages, your list of titles must be in the body text of the document, one item per line, and with an additional return after the last item. You select that list of titles, right-click on it, and choose Services > WordService: Sort Lines Ascending. It should instantly sort in place.

why can't i alphabetize (sort) a pages document or a numbers document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.