You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

import music

I have on my Windows 11 laptop a folder of thousands of MP3s. When I downloaded Apple Music, it automatically imported them from this folder or iTunes. I have added to this file and want to import them to Apple Music. The help page says to open the sidebar and click on import. I have no import anywhere on the sidebar. Anyone help?

Windows, Windows 11 (22631)

Posted on Oct 2, 2024 1:30 PM

6 replies

Oct 3, 2024 8:20 AM in response to turingtest2

You're really going to get fed up with me. I tried to navigate to both media files. I can't get past the first User. There is no <user>. I've tried to search for media with no results, just loads of Windows media player which I don't use. Drag and drop doesn't work because the sidebar closes when I click to drag an MP3. Cut and paste does nothing. I wish I'd stuck with iTunes! So I think I'm going to uninstall Apple Music and then download it again and see if that fixes anything. If not, I'll try another player

Oct 3, 2024 9:52 AM in response to glovenet

Sorry, <User> is meant to imply your user name as it appears as a profile folder for you, e.g. Bob or Charlie, etc. C:\Users\<User>\Music is your user's Music folder whatever method you use to reach that path. And yes, uninstall any/all of Apple Music, Apple TV, and Apple Devices. At that point iTunes should return to its former glory and is a much better application in my opinion.

tt2

import music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.