You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple Watch has stopped unlocking Mac

October 2024. I have read through the comments, tried virtually everything, and am pretty frustrated that it's still not working. Is this a bug that needs to be fixed? Any other odd fixes?

Mac mini, macOS 13.3

Posted on Sep 30, 2024 8:52 PM

8 replies

Oct 1, 2024 10:06 PM in response to chrislanning

Just figure out than when you remove the watch to charge it and then you unlock it with the code on the watch screen doesn't work on password unlocks on Mac.

If you try to unlock it from your phone still doesn't work with mac passwords.

If you close bt and open it again still doesn't work.

Also when all these happened I couldn't find option to unlock with Apple Watch my Mac.

Not even after Apple Watch is unlocked.. or restarted

Strange, it works randomly now.

Oct 22, 2024 1:01 AM in response to chrislanning

After getting new iPhone 16 Pro on iOS 18.0.0, and updating Apple Watch 7 to watchOS 11, unlocking Mac automatically stopped working after several days. Found option in Mac settings Settings->Apple Watch set to off, but it would not enable. Tried suggestions here and elsewhere to no avail. What worked was unpairing and pairing the watch with the iPhone. Then was able to finally activate automatic wake-up in Mac settings under Login Password.

Apple Watch has stopped unlocking Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.