You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Problems with macOS Ventura 13.7 Update

Two days ago I installed the updated Safari and the update to macOS Ventura 13.6.9 to Ventura 13.7. After completing the installation and start up I logged in to macOS and the pop-up for optimization appeared. This panel led to the busy system rotating sprocket icon. This process continued for 9 hours without completion. I had to interrupt with power shutdown. Subsequently, each system power up goes to the optimization panel and the busy system sprocket icon ad infinitum– and will run until I power the system down. I note that the "optimization process" cannot be interrupted. My hardware is a moderately loaded 2018 Mac mini. Anyone with experience, suggestions here would be appreciated. HELP! Thanks, tom

Mac mini, macOS 13.7

Posted on Sep 26, 2024 10:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2024 11:03 AM

Boot into the Recovery volume (boot with the Command + R keys held down  - Intel Macs) or  (How to Boot an M1 Mac into Recovery Mode), select Disk Utility and run First Aid on all items starting at the top. If you get an error repeat the First Aid on that item until there's no error. It could take 3 tries to get a clear run. Then reboot normally.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2024 11:03 AM in response to ETN-SysAdmin

Boot into the Recovery volume (boot with the Command + R keys held down  - Intel Macs) or  (How to Boot an M1 Mac into Recovery Mode), select Disk Utility and run First Aid on all items starting at the top. If you get an error repeat the First Aid on that item until there's no error. It could take 3 tries to get a clear run. Then reboot normally.

Problems with macOS Ventura 13.7 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.