You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

New Stickers Disappear Immediately (iOS 18 Messages App)

I've recently upgraded to an iPhone 16 Pro with iOS 18. I have lost the ability to create any new Stickers within the Messages app. When I create a new Sticker, it appears in my list of stickers for ~1 second and then disappears. I've tried restarting my device, logging out/in of iCloud, and turning iMessages off/on. These have not resolved the issue.

Prior to upgrading to the iPhone 16 Pro, Stickers were working as expected on my iPhone 15 Pro. I can create new Stickers on other devices running iOS 18 (e.g., iPad Air). However, nothing I've tried has gotten these working on iPhone 16 Pro.

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

iPhone 16 Pro, iOS 18

Posted on Sep 23, 2024 12:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2024 6:02 PM

Same here 16 Pro OS 18 Come on Apple $2000 phone . You can and should do better.

69 replies

Sep 26, 2024 7:48 AM in response to ram2246

Iphone 15 Pro Max here. As soon as I upgraded to this phone, and activated it December of 23 my stickers have been doing this. Apple support could not assist, and had me reset all settings with that not just giving me more to fix. Dont think its something we can fix on our end, just have to wait on Apple. I also have alot of devices, including family devices on my Apple ID, and I am wondering if that may have something to do with it like maybe settings from another device or something. Frustrating for this ridiculously expensive phone.

Oct 3, 2024 10:49 AM in response to ram2246

Same issue on a 15 Pro to 16 Pro upgrade. I read elsewhere that it seems to be a buggy pre-release version of iOS 18 that shipped with the first batches of iPhone 16s. Indeed, I did receive a prompt a couple days after getting my new phone to 'upgrade' to iOS 18 despite settings already showing I was using iOS 18. So, seems likely it did have some sort of pre-release version installed on delivery.

Apple Support suggested I do a full restore from iCloud. I told them 'no way' for a couple of stickers. I've got 400GB of data on there and an iCloud restore would take hours. I suspect we'll just have to wait for a bug fix.

New Stickers Disappear Immediately (iOS 18 Messages App)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.