You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

After iOS 18 update I Can't stop Continupus Playback of Podcasts

Since updating my iPhone 14 to iOS 18, podcasts play continuously even though I have NOT selected that. Checking the Podcast Settings Continuous Play is not selected and is set to Off. However Podcasts play continuously anyway. What can I do to stop this behavior?

iPhone 14

Posted on Sep 20, 2024 9:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2024 7:27 AM

Same frustrating issue with “Continuous Playback” option being broken in iOS and iPadOS 18. Apple Podcasts app also marks episodes as “Played” before being played, it’s removing episodes from the Up NeXT queue before being played, it’s loading episodes automatically into the player marking it as played so if you choose a different episode, the one it automatically loaded into the player disappears from Up Next because it was marked as played. All very frustrating. 🙁👎🏼

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 27, 2024 7:27 AM in response to Ralph9430

Same frustrating issue with “Continuous Playback” option being broken in iOS and iPadOS 18. Apple Podcasts app also marks episodes as “Played” before being played, it’s removing episodes from the Up NeXT queue before being played, it’s loading episodes automatically into the player marking it as played so if you choose a different episode, the one it automatically loaded into the player disappears from Up Next because it was marked as played. All very frustrating. 🙁👎🏼

After iOS 18 update I Can't stop Continupus Playback of Podcasts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.