You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

pages v 6.1.1 quitting since i updated to Monterey 12.7.6 on my macbook air 2017

I just updated Monterey to version 12.7.6. Not sure what version it was before but it had been some time. My MacBook Air is the 2017 version (March I believe). Since update when I try to open pages (version 6.1.1) it says pages has quit. I tried to restart in safe mode and then restarted again. When I click on pages it flashes open then disappears. It isn't showing when I look apple - force quit. I have looked at the App Store and it just gives option to open pages, which flashes open then disappears. I don't see an option to upgrade to latest compatible version. The computer was set up by my x so I am not sure if it was installed with his Apple ID or came installed- it is possible that my Apple ID was only created after I started using this MacBook. And no, I know I should have but I did not back up before I updated. I may have a very old backup. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Sep 19, 2024 4:59 PM

2 replies

Sep 19, 2024 5:27 PM in response to GeegeG

Your version of Pages is quite old.

Go to the Purchases section of the App Store. So you see Pages in the list of applications you have downloaded? If so, you'll be able to download a compatible version.

To do so, drag the Pages app to the Trash, go to the Purchases section of the App Store and download Pages. You'll be offered to download a compatible version.

Sep 20, 2024 12:30 PM in response to GeegeG

Pages v6 was never designed to work beyond macOS Sierra. If you originally installed Pages since Oct 2013, then you can get Pages v13.1 for Monterey. Launch the Mac App Store and sign in using the same Apple ID as you used to install Pages previously. Press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchases page.

There should be some install or download symbol adjacent to the Pages icon and when you click that, you may receive one or more dialogs. Do not click Cancel on them, and the last one will offer to install the last compatible version of Pages for macOS Monterey.

If it doesn't succeed due to the age of the installed Pages v6, you must move Pages v6 from the Applications folder to an external USB stick, unmount that stick, and start the Mac App Store process in the second paragraph again.

pages v 6.1.1 quitting since i updated to Monterey 12.7.6 on my macbook air 2017

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.