You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 Disable Video Looping in Photos App?

I have been looking everywhere with no luck but thought I would ask here. Is there any way to disable the auto-looping of videos in the Photos app in iOS18? After upgrading now if I play a video to auto-repeats in an endless loop until you stop it where in the past it would stop at the end of the video.

I dislike this feature since I often show others videos on my phone and find it very annoying that the video instantaneously loops back to the beginning when it finishes playing. Sometimes this makes it hard to tell for sure if the video has finished or looped and it's always a nuisance if I need to talk to the person about the video once it finishes playing, especially if it happens to be a video that's quiet for a few seconds at the end and I've forgotten to close the Photos app.

Posted on Sep 18, 2024 7:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2024 5:21 PM

I agree. Would like to shut off auto looping.

86 replies

Oct 3, 2024 6:37 PM in response to Legends20036

I had the same problem and I’m very frustrated with this feature. I to also show videos to people a lot and it’s important that the video stops at the end and not loop. I did find a way around this but however it is just another step. I found if you share it to files and play it through there it won’t loop. Hope this helps and I’m praying they get this fixed.

Oct 16, 2024 6:53 AM in response to Legends20036

Apple has made a whole raft of changes to Photos in iOS 18 and, outside of pressing a button before using face ID, I haven’t found a single one which benefits the user over the Photos included in iOS 17.

Buttons have been moved around for no good reason.

Editing is now a lot more crashy.

I didn’t even realise there was a filter option on the main album until I pressed it accidentally and by default it wasn’t on what I wanted, so I couldn’t find pictures I’d added anywhere until then.

The scroll/playing bar on videos regularly does not move in time with the video.

Videos are no longer full screen and easily scrubbable like they used to be.

And no, I absolutely do not want videos to loop, partly because it’s irritating and partly because it isn’t helpful when checking an edit.

These changes are entirely pointless, in some cases buggy, and do not benefit the end user! Fix the leaking roof of features that have needed fixing forever instead of moving the furniture around in the room and calling it a new house!

iOS 18 Disable Video Looping in Photos App?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.