You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Notes app not working and freezes after iOS 18 update

Ever since i’ve updated my 15 pro max to IOS 18 my notes is’nt working properly and its not even responding back whenever i click on any of my specific notes it doesnt open and the app stucks there and then when i reopen it again it loads and stucks again !

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 17, 2024 10:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2024 5:13 AM

I have an Iphone 13 Pro Max. My notes app is also not working as well. When I click in notes to attempt to start typing any specific notes, it will not allow me to open any of them. The screen freezes up and you cannot scroll thru any of them either. I am a user that uses my notes daily for documenting purposes. A speedy fix would be appreciated.

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 19, 2024 5:13 AM in response to Talhawaseem10

I have an Iphone 13 Pro Max. My notes app is also not working as well. When I click in notes to attempt to start typing any specific notes, it will not allow me to open any of them. The screen freezes up and you cannot scroll thru any of them either. I am a user that uses my notes daily for documenting purposes. A speedy fix would be appreciated.

Sep 28, 2024 6:38 PM in response to Talhawaseem10

Notes app on both my iPad Air and my iPhone 13 Mini slows waay down after update to iOS/iPadOS 18. You can see the letters popping 2 minutes after typing. The device (especially the iPhone) heats up quickly. Currently the Notes app background activity uses 70% of the Battery!

This is not a fault of either devices, since both were installed at the same time. This is an iOS 18 issue that’s somehow linked with iCloud. FIX IT PLEASE!

Notes app not working and freezes after iOS 18 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.