You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Calendar widget has the wrong language

Hi, today I've noticed that my calendar widget has mixed languages. For example: my MacBook has as principal language Spanish and alternative, Portuguese and English.

After update to MacOs Sequoia, the actual day name appears in English, the next day in Spanish and the following days, also in English.

I've already tried to change the default language, delete and leave only one, etc but unsuccessful. Something weird that I found is that when I open the widget selection menu, only the calendar appears always in English from my Mac but if instead, I select open from my iPhone, it appears in the correct language.

If anyone can help me to solve this issue I will be grateful.

MacBook Air, macOS 15.0

Posted on Sep 17, 2024 6:55 AM

8 replies

Sep 22, 2024 12:04 PM in response to LeoDiLoARG

A mí también me pasa lo mismo, en mi caso mi idioma es español, pero el idioma del widget aparece en ingles. afortunadamente encontré una solución provisional mientras se corrige con alguna nueva actualización. Lo que hice fue eliminar el widget y luego intentar integrarlo de nuevo. Antes de seleccionar el widget que se quiere, elige "Desde el iPhone" y de inmediato el idioma cambiará al correcto, posteriormente lo agregas.

Oct 9, 2024 10:20 AM in response to LeoDiLoARG

Same Problem Here, I am in Spain, but the Calendar Widget appears in English, like not translated or some strange problem. Temporally solved as suggested by other members deleting this Widget and adding the Widget from the iphone. Expect lasts until they fixes this strange issue, I cannot believe that Apple has forgoten traslating a Widget, I think maybe some issue at MacOs deployment Ussing Sequoia 15.0.1 on a Mac 4k Retina Early 2K19

Calendar widget has the wrong language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.