You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple expands tools to help businesses connect with customers. Learn more >

Updating Business From 'Temporarily Closed' to 'Open' On Apple Maps - VERY FRUSTRATED

So it appears my last attempt at posting something about this got removed, which only adds to my frustration. I am choosing to assume it's because I included the business name.

I am writing on behalf of my 78-year-old boss - our small business had a fire 6 months ago and was forced to close. During that time, Apple Maps updated our business to be 'Temporarily Closed' without our input. Now we are reopened and are having to jump thru some, in my opinion, ridiculous hoops in order to get ourselves relisted as Open again. My boss does not have the savvy, time or mental energy to go thru the steps listed online. Somehow Apple Maps knew we were closed and could update without our knowledge but now that we need to be listed as Open, their hands are completely tied? Ridiculous.

I attempted to call Apple to get some help with this and after being shuffled around to four different departments was dumped off the phone with an emailed link to the information already available online. It is ABSURD to me that business have no recourse when it comes to calling someone to get our problems resolved. And it's saying it will take a couple days to update our information? WE ARE LOSING BUSINESS, we literally cannot afford this.

I am hoping someone can PLEASE, PLEASE help us with this. I am so frustrated and disappointed by this entire process. Thank you for your time.

Posted on Sep 12, 2024 11:39 AM

There are no replies.

Updating Business From 'Temporarily Closed' to 'Open' On Apple Maps - VERY FRUSTRATED

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.