You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Fan speed display studio

They repaired my studio display, but now the fans are running at full speed. You can hear the air current, and support is telling me this is normal. The tests show no irregularities.

Has anyone figured out why the fans go full speed right when the display turns on, even when it’s not hot or anything?

Posted on Sep 10, 2024 10:02 PM

3 replies

Sep 18, 2024 3:31 AM in response to mlopez14

I’ve been experiencing similar issues with my Studio Display. I’ve owned the Studio Display since its release, and it worked perfectly fine until recently when the fan problems started. The fans are loud enough to be heard across the room and usually don’t stop unless the Studio Display is disconnected. Additionally, the brightness suddenly drops significantly right before the fans kick in.

I’ve done extensive troubleshooting on both the software and hardware level with no success. My Studio Display has been stationary on the very same spot since purchase.

At its current state the Studio Display is unusable, and what really concerns me is that the fans sometimes start running at full speed even when the Studio Display is not connected to a Mac or when the connected Mac is turned off. It no longer feels safe keeping the Studio Display plugged into wall power when I’m not nearby.

I already brought it to Apple once, where they performed a “Software Revival”, which did not resolve the issue. I’ve now left the Studio Display with Apple for a second time for hopefully a more thorough investigation. I was told this could take up to two weeks.

@mlopez14, curious to hear if you’ve gotten any more clarity on the issue or found any solution?

Fan speed display studio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.