You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Pro Display XDR 3360 × 1890

I'm using Macbook Pro 16" width one Pro Display XDR and one Studio Display. All works fine but the 3K resolution on the XDR is of course annoying (as we all feel, I think), feels like watching the screen with a magnifying glass. But, a few times every one month or so I suddenly get the resolution 3360 × 1890 and it is amazingly wonderful (matches my Studio Display perfectly). I can keep it until I unplug the display or reboot my computer, then it's gone. Does anyone know anything about this?

Posted on Sep 10, 2024 3:13 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Sep 15, 2024 10:56 PM in response to hmqt

I don't see how cranking the setting on the Pro Display XDR up a notch will make it match a Studio Display exactly. If you run the Studio Display in Retina "like 2560x1440" mode and the Pro Display XDR in Retina "like 3008x1692" mode, text and object sizes ought to be extremely similar if not identical. I'm guessing that you've cranked up the setting on the Studio Display a notch towards "More Space", too.

However, providing that your Mac can support the selected resolutions for both displays, it should keep track of the setting you choose.

Which specific 16" MacBook Pro do you have?

Pro Display XDR 3360 × 1890

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.