You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with saving Pages document

New to using Mac and Pages. I've been using Pages to write up a travel plan and it's currently saved on the Pages - iCloud folder. I then created a copy of the document and put it in a folder in my desktop so I could easily access it. The problem is when I edit the document the progress doesn't save for the other document or vice versa.

Is there a way where when I edit the pages doc from either iCloud or desktop that it saves for both files?

MacBook Air, macOS 14.6

Posted on Aug 14, 2024 6:30 AM

1 reply

Aug 14, 2024 7:06 AM in response to epiccookie

epiccookie wrote:

New to using Mac and Pages. I've been using Pages to write up a travel plan and it's currently saved on the Pages - iCloud folder. I then created a copy of the document and put it in a folder in my desktop so I could easily access it. The problem is when I edit the document the progress doesn't save for the other document or vice versa.

Is there a way where when I edit the pages doc from either iCloud or desktop that it saves for both files?

Nope. Open one file, and save one file. Pages will autosave changes to a document only after the first save.

Keep this close: Pages User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Help with saving Pages document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.