You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving to pages

When I save documents to pages in the cloud from my MacBook Pro, I cannot access them (except for a few) on my iPad or iPhone. Any suggestions? Thanks.

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 11:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 2:04 PM

The only Pages folder that should appear in iCloud Drive is a blue folder with the small Pages icon on it. Mine is not grayed out when viewing iCloud Drive in the Pages Save panel chooser.

Once you have selected Pages in the iCloud : iCloud Drive : Options panel, you must save any Mac Pages document to that iCloud Drive Pages folder, so iOS Pages or Pages for iCloud can find it.

In Pages for Mac, and on the Save panel Where selector, you must select Pages - iCloud:

in order for iOS Pages or Pages for iCloud to find it:

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 24, 2019 2:04 PM in response to exbklyn

The only Pages folder that should appear in iCloud Drive is a blue folder with the small Pages icon on it. Mine is not grayed out when viewing iCloud Drive in the Pages Save panel chooser.

Once you have selected Pages in the iCloud : iCloud Drive : Options panel, you must save any Mac Pages document to that iCloud Drive Pages folder, so iOS Pages or Pages for iCloud can find it.

In Pages for Mac, and on the Save panel Where selector, you must select Pages - iCloud:

in order for iOS Pages or Pages for iCloud to find it:

Sep 24, 2019 12:53 PM in response to exbklyn

If you have selected Pages in the System Preferences : iCloud : iCloud Drive : Options… panel — then a Pages folder will appear on iCloud Drive. That is where you want to save your Mac Pages documents so that they will be immediately available to your iOS Pages. Any other cloud solution, or folder will remain invisible to iOS Pages, unless you have a box dot com subscription and are using collaboration through that cloud service.

Saving to pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.