You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Devices app in Windows 11 crashes in the middle of syncing from iPhone 12 Mini

I made the switch from iTunes to Apple Music/Apple Devices on my Win11 PC.... Every time I try to sync, the Apple Devices app crashes about 25-50% through the process (during Step 5, when its moving music)... I don't get any crash codes or anything, it just closes and without notice...

I am greatly regretting the switch...

Posted on Jun 28, 2024 4:19 PM

7 replies

Aug 10, 2024 6:37 AM in response to iChumpNYC

Just came here to say that I experienced this exact problem today on Windows 11 with my iPhone 15 Pro. I newly installed the Apple Devices application and it would close mid-sync with no pop-up warning or any crash code.

I tried putting my PC and phone to airplane mode but the application still crashed. I then restarted both devices (as I had not restarted the PC since installing Apple Devices), put them on airplane mode and the sync got much closer to completing, but I decided to use Firefox for a moment and the application crashed again. I'm fairly certain therefore it's some sort of issue with the Apple Devices application that's perhaps linked to the user doing other activities during the sync. I re-opened Apple Devices and started the sync again and it completed successfully without me touching the PC or doing any other activity on it.

I don't sync very often but I do hope that this issue is investigated and fixed by Apple quickly.

Jun 28, 2024 6:39 PM in response to iChumpNYC

Same happened to me with iPhone 14 Pro Max.

What I did was restarted the PC, made sure that nothing else is running (apart of the programs that are running at PC startup), started the sync again.

All worked well.

What I think causing the crash are memory leaks between Apple Devices and other programs. I would not blame Apple Devices but more likely other programs or even the amount of free memory.

Let me know how it went.

Jul 16, 2024 12:57 AM in response to iChumpNYC

Here is what I did and its working:

Turn off iCloud.

Start Apple devices and connect the iPhone with cable to the PC.

Although Apple Devices is buggy and crashes after short time, it actually sync the song before it crashed. Restart it and start syncing again. It may crash few times, but by each time more and more songs were synced. At the end after 7 crashes in my case it synced all of them.

After syncing turn on iCloud to sync the iCloud remaining songs.

It worked for me!

Important not: DO IT ON WORKDAY ONLY - not on holidays or Sat/Sun. Why? because iCloud outgoing maintenance on those day / many more people accessing iCloud during off days and iCloud sync may take days, as it happened to me before.

Let me know how it went.

Apple Devices app in Windows 11 crashes in the middle of syncing from iPhone 12 Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.