You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clips app deleted project randomly?

I have been using the clips app for years with no issues at all. Then today out of nowhere I was adding clips to a project to document my vacation and all of a sudden my whole video got deleted. There was a brief popup but I was hitting other things so I didn’t get the chance to read it. I exited out of the project and the whole thing was gone. I have no idea what happened, I checked my phone storage which was completely fine and I don’t know what the video limits are but I made one a few months ago that was 12 minutes long and over 200 individual clips and nothing happened to that one so I’m assuming that wasn’t the case this time..I need help! All my hard work is gone :( thank you!

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 20, 2024 3:57 PM

1 reply

Jul 10, 2024 6:13 PM in response to ellac05_

Me too! I’ve used Clips for years with no problems. In January I got a new phone and I’ve been making a video of my baby and adding to it every month and Clips keep deleting them! And what’s even weirder…sometimes they reappear! It’s super frustrating because I feel like I can’t spend tons of time on it because tomorrow it might just be gone. It also only keeps one video at a time, so if you make a new one, any old ones from that day disappear! Wish they could solve this because I love this app for making the monthly baby video :(

Clips app deleted project randomly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.