You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad stuck on set up after factory reset/restore. Why does Apple support continously lock posts that still have no solution?

I would love to know this. Horrible support overall through the forums to be honest. My daughter's iPad is stuck on the page that shows the Apple ID, yet the "Continue" button is greyed out and cannot be pressed. "Use another Device to Sign in" doesn't do anything at all. Frustrating is an understatement.

Forcing reboot doesn't work. Anyone have a solution that isn't locked?

Thank you

Posted on Feb 10, 2024 7:11 AM

7 replies

Feb 26, 2024 8:15 PM in response to babowa

Who’s “we”? What’s the point of leaving the “Me too” message on if it’s locked and you can’t comment a potential solution to a locked thread? 6 months old posts is only irrelevant to those who switch to new devices every year (maybe). Some folks like me still buy older model phones/iPads in certain scenarios to save some cost. 6 months is nothing.

Feb 26, 2024 6:22 PM in response to chrisg750

First, these are user to user forums; this is not Apple support so if you do not get a solution here, simply open a support ticket directly. Link is in lower left corner of this page.

As for locking threads: we are all users but we think that older threads are locked because there are more than 3 million contributors here and the forums would soon suffer from "overload" if all unanswered posts were to remain open. Besides, technology changes so fast that many questions' answers would be irrelevant 6 months later.

Feb 26, 2024 9:13 PM in response to babowa

You sound like a sheep. I’m sorry, please take no offense, but to say there’s never room for questioning or improvement, is just silly. I’ve been in way too many scenarios in which I search Apple forums only to find a locked thread that would have been useful for me to comment/ask a question under, yet we can’t. So what happens?

User MUST create a new post. Then you find multiple unanswered posts without a response. This has been ongoing for years. I am not the only one complaining about it.

iPad stuck on set up after factory reset/restore. Why does Apple support continously lock posts that still have no solution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.