You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Motion Crashes

I am running Sanoma 14.2.1 Apple M1 Max with 32 GB memory

Motion App crashes when I endeavour to import project material. I wanted to uninstall the App and re- install it, however, when I un-installed the app and went to the App Store to reload it I discovered that I had to re-purchase the app.

Is this to be expected? I have un-installed and re-installed apps in the past without having to re-purchase them.

I will see how the re-purchase motion app goes. I have just re-purchased the app and the same problem is occurring.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Jan 29, 2024 10:37 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 30, 2024 2:03 AM in response to s-sly

You do NOT have to repurchase the application.

Click on your account at the bottom left.

Motion should be there. Click the download icon.

If you can't see Motion amongst your purchases, and you are indeed logged in with the same id that was used to make the purchase, you will need to contact App Store support to sort it out.

Jan 30, 2024 2:06 AM in response to s-sly

In order to determine what may be the problem, we are going to need more information.

First, whenever there is a crash or the application somehow misbehaves, you should delete its preferences. Corrupted preferences can cause all sorts of trouble, and a crash can easily leave the preferences file corrupted.

To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting the application and click Delete Preferences.

If the problem persists: Please run Etrecheck and post its full report here. Use the "additional text" button and paste the report into the text box.

Apple Motion Crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.