You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover my password for my apple 2020 Mackbook Air Laptop?

I recently purchased an Apple 2020 MacBook Air Laptop. I created a password and touch recognition so after that I was able to sign in. Next day when I tried to log in into my device it did not recognized the password neither the touch recognition. I followed advice from some videos and entered the password 3 times as recommended, hoping I will get the message on the screen to change the password but I never got that message. I get stuck on the login screen. Any advice?

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 11:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 1:34 PM

Hi there,

If you cannot reset your macOS password the usual way, I suggest that you follow this link and follow the instructions provided

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212190

8 replies

Oct 25, 2023 2:21 PM in response to Marieugomu

Do you have a recovery contact set up? There is a rash of hacks being sent that look like Apple emails and don't ever use their cloud. If you upload your data and your computer is infected - when you download your data you are just reinstalling the problem. There's a company called Drive Savers that is Apple approved that can retrieve your data. It can get pricey but it's their secret and I was given their card by an Apple Store manager. Good luck. They can get your data for you. Also with an iPhone you can go to the security presences and try to back door your way in to your device. As long as you have the administrator password you can also get into your Mac. That would have been the first password you made when you got that computer. Also get two hard recovery keys you can purchase that are FIDO certified. That will get you into the next problem you encounter

How do I recover my password for my apple 2020 Mackbook Air Laptop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.