You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple remote

Hi can anyone help me out there my Apple remote I’ve restarted it it hasn’t helped my mute button is not working. When I push on it it takes the volume down my volume is working up and down but my mute button won’t mute it just volume up and down to any suggestions out there I’m all updated on everything and I don’t know what else to try.

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 4:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 5:03 AM

I agree, if it worked before with the same setup, then it should still (be able to) work now.

Restarting the remote (TV + Volume Down) is the advised way of bringing back volume controls. Else verify the volume control settings on Apple TV. If the volume buttons on your Apple TV remote aren't working - Apple Support

If the issue persists after that (possible hardware failure), then contact Apple Support.

Note that volume control uses IR, so keep the IR receptor on the TV unobstructed for a direct line-of-sight.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 25, 2023 5:03 AM in response to Deehorsey

I agree, if it worked before with the same setup, then it should still (be able to) work now.

Restarting the remote (TV + Volume Down) is the advised way of bringing back volume controls. Else verify the volume control settings on Apple TV. If the volume buttons on your Apple TV remote aren't working - Apple Support

If the issue persists after that (possible hardware failure), then contact Apple Support.

Note that volume control uses IR, so keep the IR receptor on the TV unobstructed for a direct line-of-sight.

Apple remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.