You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating Keynote to an older version

Hi, I have a Macbook Pro 2016 with touch bar. For some reason, my computer has stopped updating for at least a year. I have currently Mac OS 12.6.1 but some apps are older. For example, Keynote stayed in version 8.0.1, and now cannot open some files. I wanted to update in App Store but I only see latest version which requires to have Mac OS 13, and it seems that my Macbook is not compatible with Mac OS 13 (is this really correct by the way?). What can I do to update Keynote (or other apps) to an older version?

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 12:22 AM

3 replies

May 27, 2024 2:53 PM in response to efe23

Hi I need some help with this too. I reinstalled Mac OS Monterrey from scratch from a bootable drive. Now with a fresh install on my hands, I realize Keynote, Pages and Numbers aren't there. When trying to install from App Store, I get the message that Keynote requires Mac OS to be minimum version 13. What the heck ?

Please help

Oct 19, 2023 7:52 PM in response to efe23

Hey efe23,

That is correct, macOS Monterey is the latest macOS version compatible with your MacBook Pro, so you won't see the option to upgrade to macOS Ventura. However, you should be able to update to the latest version of macOS Monterey 12.7 (released on September 21, 2023) as outlined in What's new in the updates for macOS Monterey - Apple Support.

Apple apps like Pages, Numbers, and Keynote versions will follow macOS versions, so you won't have the option to update to a version that is not compatible with your current macOS version.

The best way to get the latest version of Keynote compatible with your MacBook is to check and to see if you have an update available for Keynote in the Mac App Store under "Updates," but we urge you to troubleshoot updating to macOS Monterey 12.7 first.

You can confirm macOS compatibility here:

macOS Monterey is compatible with these computers - Apple Support

macOS Ventura is compatible with these computers - Apple Support

Kindest Regards.

Updating Keynote to an older version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.