You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP not working with Monterey.

Hello,

I updated my MAC, also my FCP. And now the app not working with the message:

"The version of Final Cut Pro installed on this Mac is not compatible with macOS Monterey. Download the latest version from the App Store."

When I'am going to appstore, there is only one way to OPEN FCP, but it not working also:( There is no option to UPGRADE or downlowd latest version. Now FCP is on 10.4.7 version

Please help to solve this "spider web":)

iMac 27″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 7:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2024 2:54 PM

same here - they say go there. -no option other than newest which computer cannot do. it shouldn't be this time wasteful to do such a simple thing.

13 replies

Jan 5, 2024 3:16 PM in response to jmusic800

That’s the Final Cut Pro page in the App Store. That’s not your purchased page. The page that lists all the applications you’ve bought from the Mac App Store.

I didn’t say trash the application. I said move out to the trash. You can also zip it and then move the original to the trash. The idea is to remove the application so that you can download a you copy from your purchased page, not the FCP sales page.

Oct 12, 2023 7:22 AM in response to DomininykasKubilius

Open the App Store, and click on your account on the lower left of the window (do not search for FCP in the store per se).

Final Cut Pro should be there amongst your purchases.

Click the Update button next to it. You will be advised that the current version (10.6.10) is not compatible, and asked if you want the most recent compatible version (may be 10.6.8 or 10.6.5, I don't recall); of course you do.

FCP not working with Monterey.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.