You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you remove someone from a group chat. I have 14 people in the group chat I have an iPhone 13 Pro.

How do you remove someone from a group chat? I have 14 people in the group chat I have an iPhone 13 Pro.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 11:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2024 9:52 AM

How do I remove a name on a group text on my promax 13?

5 replies

Apr 21, 2024 1:22 PM in response to LeleN1

My iPhone 14 was just updated this week so I am on Version iOS 17.4.1.

The above recommendation does not work for me. I can not add a name/phone number to the current group nor can I remove a name. On the removing, there is no gray arrow on either my Mac & my iPhone, so I can not get the delete button to pop up to drag left. I have snowbirds in 3 of my groups that wish to be removed from the group when they return to the north for the summer. I want to intermittenly add & subtract people from the same group. I don't which to loose the data that I have in my messages as I use it for referencing the data. Thanks for the help! Moe

Jun 10, 2024 2:05 PM in response to LeleN1

In iPhone15-pro-max, this method did not work for me, can see the gray arrow next to contact name and I did swipe to left over the name but there is no remove option shows up even we all 5 members are using iPhone (mostly latest versions)

This is why sometimes I feel apple product is not user friendly!

Any solutions - why we can't do this ?

Oct 11, 2023 6:31 PM in response to butternj

Hi butternj,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities! You can add or remove someone from a group text as long as everyone has Apple devices. If there is a non-Apple device included in the group text, you will not be able to remove or add anyone from/to the group. To remove from a group text with Apple devices, follow the steps below from the article Add and remove people in group text messages on your iPhone or iPad:

1. "Tap the group message that has the contact you want to remove.
  2. Tap the group icons at the top of the thread.
  3. Tap the gray arrow icon to the right of the contacts, then swipe left over the name of the person you want to remove.
  4. Tap Remove, then tap Done."

How do you remove someone from a group chat. I have 14 people in the group chat I have an iPhone 13 Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.