You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery of Mac when using with external monitor

Hi, currently I'm using my mac with an external monitor and power source plug in most of my time. I only take off the charge when I go out with it, so my mac basically have the power source plug in almost 24/7. Will that affect battery heath of the mac heavily ?

My model is 14 inch pro with M1 chip.

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 7:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 5:43 AM

Batteries are a consumables. That are designed to be charged, used then recharged as necessary. All batteries degrade over time. That degradation is neither predictable nor necessarily linear.

Charge the Mac when you need to (24/7 is fine), use it on battery when you need to, turn battery optimization ON and let the battery's charging circuitry manage the battery.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 1, 2023 5:43 AM in response to Ken_TheGudBoi

Batteries are a consumables. That are designed to be charged, used then recharged as necessary. All batteries degrade over time. That degradation is neither predictable nor necessarily linear.

Charge the Mac when you need to (24/7 is fine), use it on battery when you need to, turn battery optimization ON and let the battery's charging circuitry manage the battery.

Sep 30, 2023 7:26 PM in response to Ken_TheGudBoi

Ken_TheGudBoi Said:

"Battery of Mac when using with external monitor: Hi, currently I'm using my mac with an external monitor and power source plug in most of my time. I only take off the charge when I go out with it, so my mac basically have the power source plug in almost 24/7. Will that affect battery heath of the mac heavily ? My model is 14 inch pro with M1 chip."

-------

Perhaps.

Unfortunately, there is no way to determine why, nor when, the Battery Health decreased. So, it is a possibility, but you'll never know if that is the reason for the Battery Health percentage to have decreased.

Battery of Mac when using with external monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.