You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased AirPods Pro on a second hand seller site

I purchased AirPods Pro on a second hand seller site (knowing they were someone else’s before mine) and it’s saying these AirPods can be seen by the owner because they’re still associated with another Apple ID but I have no way to contact the owner. How would I go about resetting them so a stranger doesn’t have access to my location?

AirPods Pro

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 9:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 9:44 PM

BT01_20_23 Said:

"I purchased AirPods Pro on a second hand seller site (knowing they were someone else’s before mine) and it’s saying these AirPods can be seen by the owner because they’re still associated with another Apple ID but I have no way to contact the owner. How would I go about resetting them so a stranger doesn’t have access to my location?"

-------

Contact the Site to Return these:

Seems you have been scammed, though a full-assumption on my part. This is the site the seller should have used, prior to selling it to you: Before you Sell, Give Away, Return, or Recycle your AirPods - Apple SupportThe seller should have known better.

Don't Use Second-Hand Seller Sites for Hardware: The next time you get AirPods --purchases it directly from Apple to avoid issues like this. Out-of-the-box is the way to go about getting a new device. Plenty of only site (i.e. eBay) scams are reported on these forums, and yours is only one of them.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2023 9:44 PM in response to BT01_20_23

BT01_20_23 Said:

"I purchased AirPods Pro on a second hand seller site (knowing they were someone else’s before mine) and it’s saying these AirPods can be seen by the owner because they’re still associated with another Apple ID but I have no way to contact the owner. How would I go about resetting them so a stranger doesn’t have access to my location?"

-------

Contact the Site to Return these:

Seems you have been scammed, though a full-assumption on my part. This is the site the seller should have used, prior to selling it to you: Before you Sell, Give Away, Return, or Recycle your AirPods - Apple SupportThe seller should have known better.

Don't Use Second-Hand Seller Sites for Hardware: The next time you get AirPods --purchases it directly from Apple to avoid issues like this. Out-of-the-box is the way to go about getting a new device. Plenty of only site (i.e. eBay) scams are reported on these forums, and yours is only one of them.

I purchased AirPods Pro on a second hand seller site

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.