You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

husband connected iphone to his mac and is able to remotely access my phone how do i undue this

my ex husband connected my phone to his mac and accessed everything on it. he says he has remote access at any time how can i disable this

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 6:47 AM

5 replies

Sep 19, 2023 7:27 AM in response to angryxwife

It sounds like he may have access to your Apple ID. If so, the first thing to do is change your Apple ID password:

Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

See also:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

It's possible that your ex is lying to you about this for unpleasant reasons of his own. But, if he really does have access to your accounts, that may a crime. Contact your attorney or the police.

Oct 25, 2023 1:12 AM in response to angryxwife

very first thing to do is to backup your important data.

save to another computer , thumb drive .

option 1 - This is the guaranteed way to secure your Apple ID

once you have your back up data secure on another device .

• factory reset your iPhone.
  • create a new Apple ID account
  • new email adress
  • new password (do not reuse passwords)
  • Turn on two-factor authentication
  • do not use password manager
  • import just the important data. Contacts, photos, messages, iCloud Drive, calendar etc. what ever apps are important to you.
  • Your App Store account will be a new account as well. Only slight downside is that you won’t have your past purchases list .

Option 2 - clean up your current Apple ID account + email accounts

• Change Apple ID email (new email)
  • Change Apple ID password
  • Turn on two-factor authentication
  • make sure you iCloud has old email address off your account
  • check find my for any devices / sharing location

• iPhone

Settings

send and recieve

• iPhone

settings

phone

• iphone

settings

FaceTime

• settings

Privacy and security

share my location

• settings

privacy and security

Safety check

• health app sharing
  • photos shared albums
  • calendar shared albums
  • Facebook password
  • instagram password
  • any other social media account passwords

• Turn on two stage verification/authentication with all email/social media/ online banking ect

if you still think he is in your iCloud/phone just start “hanging out” with his friends #staytoxic

angryxwife wrote:

my ex husband connected my phone to his mac and accessed everything on it. he says he has remote access at any time how can i disable this

husband connected iphone to his mac and is able to remotely access my phone how do i undue this

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.