You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating Legacy Contact with Access Key

Same question as never got answered before:

(1) iphone 13: Add Legacy Contact brings me to contacts, then I choose the person I want to be my legacy contact? But there is nothing that shows this person is identified as such.

(2) Access Key: No instructions and tapping on that section in settings produces no action.

So how does this really work because googling does not provide an answer.

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 5:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 1:18 AM

Hi there,

See this instructions, from this Apple support page on how to create a legacy contact for your Apple ID

How to add a Legacy Contact for your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

1. Go to Settings, then tap your name.
  2. Tap Password & Security, then tap Legacy Contact.
  3. Tap Add Legacy Contact. You may be asked to authenticate with Face ID, Touch ID or your device passcode.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 24, 2023 1:18 AM in response to mlcaron

Hi there,

See this instructions, from this Apple support page on how to create a legacy contact for your Apple ID

How to add a Legacy Contact for your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

1. Go to Settings, then tap your name.
  2. Tap Password & Security, then tap Legacy Contact.
  3. Tap Add Legacy Contact. You may be asked to authenticate with Face ID, Touch ID or your device passcode.

Creating Legacy Contact with Access Key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.