You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Show more details' not available when printing, Mac Monterey

I'm trying to print with a label printer, I have its software downloaded and selected when adding it as a printer. But when I try to print, the system does not give me an option for 'Show more details'. When I hit 'print', the file goes directly to print queue and start printing without giving me the option for more advanced print settings.

'Show more details' settings allow me to select more advanced printing options, including adding a custom paper size: 4x6. I cannot use the label printer unless I can add this new paper size for obvious reasons. I've tried everything I can find on the internet, nothing works - it's still not showing 'show more details'.

Default paper sizes does not have 4x6 or dimensions that is suitable for the labels.

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 3:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 5:37 AM

What application are you printing from?

The only situation where printing goes off directly without a dialog is when you print directly from the Finder, i.e.

you select a file in Finder, don't open it, and just press Command-P.

Try opening the file (in Preview or whatever your default application is for the respective type of file), and press Command-P there. I'd be pretty surprised if you didn't get a proper Print dialog then.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 25, 2023 5:37 AM in response to ZiqiNiu

What application are you printing from?

The only situation where printing goes off directly without a dialog is when you print directly from the Finder, i.e.

you select a file in Finder, don't open it, and just press Command-P.

Try opening the file (in Preview or whatever your default application is for the respective type of file), and press Command-P there. I'd be pretty surprised if you didn't get a proper Print dialog then.

Jul 25, 2023 3:08 PM in response to ZiqiNiu

In your screen shot, what happens when you click on Options and Supplies?

Does Options and Supplies let you ADD another paper size or other options, such as print quality, or media type?

Does the barcode printer have buttons and a user menu?

If there are no external printer controls, such a buttons and an LCD menu display, does the printer let you connect and select printer options from a browser?

If you are connecting to the barcode printer via WiFi and have both an AirPrint driver and a "non-AirPrint" driver available try using the non-AirPrint printer driver.

In my experience, AirPrint often limits the wide variety of print options that MIGHT be available with full printer driver on a computer screen to what can be easily displayed on a single smartphone screen, even if you're using the AirPrint driver on a fully capable computer.

You might have to connect your computer directly to the printer via a USB cable to select a more capable printer driver.

'Show more details' not available when printing, Mac Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.