You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t update apps because “Billing problem”

I can’t update apps because of a “billing problem with previous purchase”. It wants me to put in a new payment method. However I have no active subscriptions and I can’t even find out what the purchase problem is. I’m not putting in a payment method if I can’t even find out what’s trying to charge me. This is a MAJOR failure on apple.

How do I fix this?!

Edit: I’ve tried restarting, I’ve tried changing my region, I can’t turn off payments because of the issue, I’ve tried signing in and out…

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 12:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 1:11 AM

The only fix is to speak directly to Apple Su[[ort to get the details of the issue. No one here has access to your account.

World-wide Apple Support -

Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.5;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.6; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.6; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.6; HomePods, audioOS 16.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 25, 2023 1:11 AM in response to DirtHawker

The only fix is to speak directly to Apple Su[[ort to get the details of the issue. No one here has access to your account.

World-wide Apple Support -

Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.5;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.6; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.6; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.6; HomePods, audioOS 16.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Can’t update apps because “Billing problem”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.