You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading photos from a card received the message "macOS can't repair the disk "LUMIX"

I've just bought a 64GB SanDisk Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I card (speed up to 200 MB/s) to replace a few elderly 8GB (speed up to 15 MB/s) cards for use in my Lumix TZ90 camera. I formatted the card in my camera and then took a few photos, checking in the viewfinder that they had been recorded on the card. I removed the card and inserted it in my admittedly rather old Bytestore card reader which I attached to my iMac using the UHB cable and was greeted with the message above on the screen. I tried the same exercise with one of my old 8GB cards and it worked perfectly without any message. I recently returned from a birdwatching trip to Colombia where I had taken numerous photos on another new card which I had formatted and checked the photos on the camera etc and lost the lot when I tried to download them to my iMac so I'm very twitchy about not wanting to go through that dreadful experience again. Has anyone any suggestions of a solution please?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 6:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 11:57 AM

Why didn't I think of that! Simples! I've used a different card reader which I hadn't realised I had and it worked with my iPad and also with my iPhone. I used the card slot in my partner's Mac and that worked also. So it would appear that I can safely use it in my camera and download the photos without suffering the grief of losing all the bejewelled hummingbirds that I suffered earlier! Thanks very much, O holy Toad!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 24, 2023 11:57 AM in response to Old Toad

Why didn't I think of that! Simples! I've used a different card reader which I hadn't realised I had and it worked with my iPad and also with my iPhone. I used the card slot in my partner's Mac and that worked also. So it would appear that I can safely use it in my camera and download the photos without suffering the grief of losing all the bejewelled hummingbirds that I suffered earlier! Thanks very much, O holy Toad!

Downloading photos from a card received the message "macOS can't repair the disk "LUMIX"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.