You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change a participant to a co owner

I would like to change my husband from a participant to a co-owner on my Apple Card account

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 9:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 10:56 AM

This is a fairly simple process, but there a couple of preliminary steps to take before inviting a Participant to become a co-owner.

1. Update both devices to the latest iOS.
  2. Make sure the current owner and participant are logged into their own/seperate Apple ID’s
  3. Do not be behind a VPN or outside the US.

Please follow the steps below on your iPhone to send the invite to become a co-owner.

>> Invite an Apple Card Family participant or account co-owner

1. Open the Wallet app and tap your Apple Card.
  2. Tap the More button , then tap Card Details .
  3. Under People, tap Share My Card, then tap Continue.
  4. Select a member of your Family Sharing group. To invite someone to join your Family Sharing group, tap Invite Someone.
  5. To invite an account co-owner, tap Become Co-Owners. To invite a participant, tap Add as Participant.
  6. Follow the instructions on your screen to provide the requested information.
  7. Tap Send Invitation, then authenticate with your passcode. <<

Set up Apple Card Family and add a co-owner and participants - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 23, 2023 10:56 AM in response to Tfisher20

This is a fairly simple process, but there a couple of preliminary steps to take before inviting a Participant to become a co-owner.

1. Update both devices to the latest iOS.
  2. Make sure the current owner and participant are logged into their own/seperate Apple ID’s
  3. Do not be behind a VPN or outside the US.

Please follow the steps below on your iPhone to send the invite to become a co-owner.

>> Invite an Apple Card Family participant or account co-owner

1. Open the Wallet app and tap your Apple Card.
  2. Tap the More button , then tap Card Details .
  3. Under People, tap Share My Card, then tap Continue.
  4. Select a member of your Family Sharing group. To invite someone to join your Family Sharing group, tap Invite Someone.
  5. To invite an account co-owner, tap Become Co-Owners. To invite a participant, tap Add as Participant.
  6. Follow the instructions on your screen to provide the requested information.
  7. Tap Send Invitation, then authenticate with your passcode. <<

Set up Apple Card Family and add a co-owner and participants - Apple Support

How to change a participant to a co owner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.