You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 13 is stuck. A notification came thru and stayed on my phone. Now when I try to shut it down. I can't, because the notification is blocking it? please help?

My screen is frozen and can't shut it down because a notification popped up in front of the slide bar to shut down and I can't shut it down. should I just wait for my phone to lose power so it will shut down on is own?!

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 6:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 6:57 PM

Hello ~ Try it this way…from an excellent prior post by * Axel Foley *…

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Take care.

~Katana-San~

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 21, 2023 6:57 PM in response to Lorenashere

Hello ~ Try it this way…from an excellent prior post by * Axel Foley *…

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Take care.

~Katana-San~

My iPhone 13 is stuck. A notification came thru and stayed on my phone. Now when I try to shut it down. I can't, because the notification is blocking it? please help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.